Enjoy Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
In McKinney, TX, we get at least 200 sunny days each year, certainly earning our place in the Sun Belt.
While sunlight lifts our spirits, over the longer term UV rays can cause our face to sag. In fact, ultraviolet light from the sun and tanning is the primary cause of premature aging. It’s also the No. 1 cause of damage to already-aging skin.
It wreaks havoc on the supportive collagen and elastin proteins that keep our skin firm and flexible.
However, light can also be used to turn back the hands of time. You may have heard of laser beams being applied to problem areas such as age spots, freckles, and scars. Resurfacing procedures use the light energy from these short, pulsating beams to remove the top layers of skin where damage occurs. Other laser procedures stimulate collagen production underneath the skin, revealing a fresher appearance without damaging the surface layers.
Technology has improved and become more refined, opening up new applications to target lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin in addition to spots and tone problems.
While treatment types can vary, generally the benefits of laser skin tightening include:
- Depth of laser penetration can be altered, depends on the extent of sagging
- Underlying reasons for sagging can be addressed without compromising the skin’s surface
- Improvements in condition of skin can be seen immediately
- More dramatic results can be attained within around four months
- Skin tightening can last for up to two years
- As a minimally invasive procedure, little to no downtime is required
- Since systems cool upper layers and heat underlying collagen, discomfort is minimized
- If any pain is experienced, it’s typically very mild (stinging, redness) and usually resolves quickly
- Less risk of side effects than even other laser treatments (like resurfacing), which can cause pigment changes
Best yet, there is no reason to go under the knife – experiencing pain and missed work for a lift that will need to be redone in another five years or so, because no procedure is permanent. Time still marches on. We still age.
There is no time like the present to start looking as young as you feel. We can discuss the benefits of our approach to skin tightening – the Alma Harmony system. Call 972-985-9003.Back to Skin Tightening Page