Juvéderm is a popular dermal filler used in our dermatology offices in the Plano, Flower Mound, and McKinney areas. This filler contains a viscoelastic gel form of hyaluronic acid, providing major benefits to our patients, such as:
- No testing required before treatment
- Produced via biosynthesis, this is a non-animal based product
- Extremely biocompatible
A product of Allegan, Inc., Juvéderm is an advanced dermal filler that produces natural results that can last for six months or longer. These results are made possible with high concentrations of hyaluronic acid and a specialized formulation process.
JUVÉDERM™ ULTRA PLUSWithin the Juvéderm family of products is Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus. The clear gel based on hyaluronic acid, smoothes the skin and minimizes the appearance of deeper wrinkles and folds, such as those between the nose and mouth. The advanced filler adds volume into facial lines, restoring smooth texture for a youthful appearance for up to twelve months. Based on more robust formulations including advanced cross-linking, Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus also contains lidocaine, so no additional local anesthetic is required for greater comfort.
Side EffectsFollowing treatment with a Juvéderm product in one of our Plano area offices, mild side effects may develop. These can include temporary itching or redness, tenderness, skin discoloration at the injection site, swelling, bruising, or bumps. Typically, any side effects will clear within a week of treatment, and infection is rare.
Who makes a good candidate for Juvéderm in the Plano area?Before recommending Juvéderm, your dermatologist will discuss your medical history to determine if this type of filler is most appropriate. In certain instances, Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus may not be suitable, such as:
- When there is a history of multiple severe allergies with instances of anaphylaxis
- When Gram-positive bacteria protein allergies exists
Contact us today.
- Injectable Fillers Plano - Can patients in Plano turn to injectable fillers for aging skin?
- Juvéderm Treatment Plano - Juvéderm offers patients in the Plano area an effective means of restoring lost facial volume
- Juverderm Fillers Flower Mound - Juvéderm fillers help Flower Mound area patients reduce visible signs of aging
- Juvederm Voluma Plano - Plano dermatologist discusses what to expect before and after Juvéderm Voluma treatment
- Injectable Fillers Flower Mound TX - What can Flower Mound patients achieve with injectable fillers like Juvéderm?
I had a very good experience with Dr. Selkin and the medical staff. Dr. Selkin was very personable and knowledgeable about my condition. I would definitely recommend him for dermatology needs.
~Sandy M. Read More