Cosmetic dermatology services in the McKinney area restore a youthful aesthetic"Injectables" is still somewhat of a new term in the medical field. Most often, this term is used when describing the innovative new way in which lines, wrinkles, and folds are treated. Dermal fillers, in particular, are very effective at restoring a more youthful appearance by minimizing the appearance of fine lines and creases on the face and hands. Men and women may benefit from a variety of cosmetic dermatology services when working with the team at the Center for Dermatology near McKinney.
When the word "injectables" is used, most people immediately think of Botox, the first in a long line of non-invasive cosmetic dermatology treatments. To date, Botox remains one of the most requested anti-aging treatments amongst both men and women. This solution is ideal for treating a number of common cosmetic issues that arise from facial movements.
Called dynamic wrinkles, there are several lines on the face, such as those around the eyes or between the brows, that typically appear when the face is actively moving. These lines, over time, however, tend to remain even when the underlying muscles are not actively being used. This is due to the fact that often-used muscles develop a memory that keeps them in a state of semi-contractions. Injecting such muscles with Botox allows them to relax, minimizing the appearance of crow's feet, frown lines, neck bands, and other common complaints.
Botox is not the only injectable garnering a great deal of attention. Today, dermal fillers like Juvéderm, Restylane, Belotero and others are used to fill in areas where lines and wrinkles have formed as a result of volume loss. By increasing the volume within the skin, lines and folds are raised up to meet surrounding skin, smoothing the wider surface for a more rested, more youthful appearance. Some of the newer dermal fillers, such as Juvederm Voluma, can be used to contour and augment the mid-face and make dramatic changes in facial aesthetic.
Where Botox injections are typically applied in the upper quadrants of the face, dermal fillers are often used to treat volume loss around the temples, in the cheeks, and to fill lines around the nose, mouth, and chin. Due to their compatibility with natural substances in the skin and with various other products, different types of dermal fillers can be used together. Dermal fillers are also commonly used as a complementary treatment to Botox, removing years from the face. This type of treatment is often referred to as a "liquid facelift" because the results achieved are gorgeous and no downtime is required. The filler tends to lost longer when combined with Botox, as there is less movement of the area.
At the Center for Dermatology, our priority is to provide individualized care to each patient so that the results achieved are unique to his or her needs and desires. Give your skin the care it needs. Contact us at 972-985-9003 to book an appointment.
- Dermatologist Grapevine, TX - Dermatologist practice provides advanced treatments for patients around Plano and Grapevine, TX
- Dermatologist Near 76051 - Patient near 76051 asks, "What should I consider when looking for a dermatologist?"
- Dermatologist Near 75028 - Your dermatologist near 75028 offers excellent skin rejuvenating services
- Dermatologist in Flower Mound, TX - Your dermatologist in Flower Mound, TX can help you fight the signs of aging and sun damage
- Dr. Bryan Selkin - Details on Botox treatments in the office of Dr. Bryan Selkin
- 75024, 75028 & 75069 Dermatologist - When residents near 75024, 75028, & 75069 should see their dermatologist
- Dermatology Services in McKinney - Cosmetic dermatology services in the McKinney area restore a youthful aesthetic
- Dermatologist in Plano - Effective acne treatment available from your dermatologist in Plano
Occasional breakouts can be somewhat distressing. Chronic acne can significantly impact a person's sense of confidence, and... Read more
Back to Home Page
I had a very good experience with Dr. Selkin and the medical staff. Dr. Selkin was very personable and knowledgeable about my condition. I would definitely recommend him for dermatology needs.
~Sandy M. Read More