Your dermatologist near 75028 offers excellent skin rejuvenating servicesYoung skin look firm, smooth, and generally healthy. As the body ages, skin is one of the first indicators, loosing volume and elasticity with each passing year. The fine lines and creases that we see when we laugh or frown, at some point, remain visible even when facial muscles are relaxed. At the Center form Dermatology and Cosmetic Laser Surgery, patients can learn about a number of different treatment options aimed at achieving rejuvenating effects successfully and without invasive procedures.
The process of aging includes a reduction in the production of collagen and the regeneration of skin cells. The subsequent effect of these changes is the thinning of the inner layer of skin. As collagen and elastin levels drop in the skin's supportive network, the outermost layer of skin begins to look loose and saggy, increasing the appearance of age.
Lines, wrinkles, and creases may be the result of various factors. Years of normal every day animation can lead to crow's feet or furrows between the brows. Environmental factors, as well, play a role in the appearance of our skin as we age. One of the primary factors in premature aging is sun exposure. The more time the skin is exposed to harmful ultraviolet rays, the more damage occurs to collagen fibers and, in time, the older the skin looks.
Lifestyle habits are important not only to general health but also to beautiful skin. The foods we eat, the beverages we drink, and whether or not we use tobacco products all impact the look of our skin. Smoking, in particular, accelerates aging in the skin. Nicotine promotes shrinkage of blood vessels, which creates an obstacle for optimal blood flow to the skin. The chemicals present in tobacco products also damage elastin and collagen fibers, setting the stage for premature sagging and wrinkling.
In addition to helping you identify problem areas in your skin and potential triggers for premature aging, your dermatologist near 75028 can also provide an excellent variety of skin rejuvenating treatments suited to your exact needs. At Center for Dermatology, our patients may address fine lines and wrinkles with chemical peels or Hydrafacial treatments to accelerate cellular turnover. Lines may also be diminished with injections of Botox or an appropriate dermal filler.
Aging may be a normal, natural part of life, but that does not mean your skin has to look old. We can help you rediscover a more youthful you. Contact the Center for Dermatology to schedule your visit today.
- Dermatologist Grapevine, TX - Dermatologist practice provides advanced treatments for patients around Plano and Grapevine, TX
- Dermatologist Near 76051 - Patient near 76051 asks, "What should I consider when looking for a dermatologist?"
- Dermatologist Near 75028 - Your dermatologist near 75028 offers excellent skin rejuvenating services
- Dermatologist in Flower Mound, TX - Your dermatologist in Flower Mound, TX can help you fight the signs of aging and sun damage
- Dr. Bryan Selkin - Details on Botox treatments in the office of Dr. Bryan Selkin
- 75024, 75028 & 75069 Dermatologist - When residents near 75024, 75028, & 75069 should see their dermatologist
- Dermatology Services in McKinney - Cosmetic dermatology services in the McKinney area restore a youthful aesthetic
- Dermatologist in Plano - Effective acne treatment available from your dermatologist in Plano
Occasional breakouts can be somewhat distressing. Chronic acne can significantly impact a person's sense of confidence, and... Read more
Back to Home Page
I had a very good experience with Dr. Selkin and the medical staff. Dr. Selkin was very personable and knowledgeable about my condition. I would definitely recommend him for dermatology needs.
~Sandy M. Read More