Your dermatologist in Flower Mound, TX can help you fight the signs of aging and sun damageStress, environmental factors like UV exposure, and time all factor into the overall appearance of our skin. Naturally, as we age, we will notice fine lines and wrinkles. The sun, however, can accelerate the aging process, leading to areas of uneven pigmentation and rough texture.
Sun or age spots
On skin that is regularly exposed to the sun or UV rays from sunless tanning, dark, flat spots are likely to appear at some point. Spots on the face and the backs of hands are often referred to as age spots, due to the fact that they can often be seen on older adults. Hyperpigmentation, however, is more and more frequently seen in younger patients who have simply spent a lot of unprotected time in the sun. Fortunately, there are several ways in which sun spots can be treated.
One way in which sun spots and other sun damage can be gently treated is with topical bleaching agents combined with customized chemical peels. This type of treatment is designed to accelerate the cellular renewal process that naturally occurs in the skin. Bringing out healthy new cells to replace those which have been damaged results in a smoother, more toned appearance. The topical medications and chemical peels are customized to each patient and to the extent of sun damage. Depending on the strength of a peel, no downtime may be necessary, or a few days of peeling will occur.
Sun spots can also be diminished with the use of intense pulsed light. By exposing a pigmented lesion to short pulses of visible light, the melanin (pigment) cells are shattered, and the body replaces these area with normally pigmented cells. The treatments involve virtually no down-time and no pain!
Fine lines and wrinkles
The first signs of aging typically noticed are fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, or on the forehead. Your dermatologist at the Center for Dermatology in Flower Mound, TX offers several different treatment options to address these concerns. Botox, which affects the muscles, and dermal fillers, which replace lost volume, are highly effective at reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers can also be used to contour, define, and augment the mid-face.
The results of injectables can last up to two years, and can take years off of the face. To maintain smoother, more youthful skin, maintenance treatments may be scheduled. With these treatments, there is virtually no downtime and very little discomfort, if any, during the procedure itself as many of the fillers have numbing medicine mixed in with them. Side effects are very mild, if they occur. These include mild bruising and swelling, which lasts such a short period of time that it is possible to return to work or other activities right after treatment.
If you want to say good-bye to fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage, we can help you do just that. Contact the Center for Dermatology at 972-985-9003 to schedule your visit.
- Dermatologist Grapevine, TX - Dermatologist practice provides advanced treatments for patients around Plano and Grapevine, TX
- Dermatologist Near 76051 - Patient near 76051 asks, "What should I consider when looking for a dermatologist?"
- Dermatologist Near 75028 - Your dermatologist near 75028 offers excellent skin rejuvenating services
- Dermatologist in Flower Mound, TX - Your dermatologist in Flower Mound, TX can help you fight the signs of aging and sun damage
- Dr. Bryan Selkin - Details on Botox treatments in the office of Dr. Bryan Selkin
- 75024, 75028 & 75069 Dermatologist - When residents near 75024, 75028, & 75069 should see their dermatologist
- Dermatology Services in McKinney - Cosmetic dermatology services in the McKinney area restore a youthful aesthetic
- Dermatologist in Plano - Effective acne treatment available from your dermatologist in Plano
Occasional breakouts can be somewhat distressing. Chronic acne can significantly impact a person's sense of confidence, and... Read more
Back to Home Page
I had a very good experience with Dr. Selkin and the medical staff. Dr. Selkin was very personable and knowledgeable about my condition. I would definitely recommend him for dermatology needs.
~Sandy M. Read More